Physical Therapy Assistant - Short Hour
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Administers treatment to restore function, mobility and strength, relieve pain and prevent disability through the use of various exercise techniques, appropriate modalities, simple extremity mobilization, muscle re- education, gait training and other related treatment techniques.
- Provides patients and families with instruction in home exercise programs, pain relief techniques and prevention-oriented education.
- Maintains appropriate medical records to include progress notes.
- Consults with physical therapist and/or referring physician as indicated regarding patient achievement of goals, revision of program as indicated, appropriateness of continued treatment and patients discharge from treatment.
- Participates in the development and implementation of programs for the department such as peer reviews, in-service education and patient care audits.
- Maintains departmental supplies, equipment and apparatus in a clean, safe and functional condition.
- Performs other non-treatment related departmental tasks such as reception and clerical duties, stocking supplies, and performing inventory.
- Assists the Physical Therapist in providing continuing education through in-service programs for medical providers, physical therapy staff, facility employees and patients.
- Performs the responsibilities of a Physical Therapist Assistant to insure safe, progressive, efficient and effective patient care.
- Accountable for judgment and action as designated by the Code of Ethics of the A.P.T.A.
- Performs other related duties as directed.