Pharmacy Technician- Westminster, Full Time
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- This position, knows and complies with all Kaiser Permanente quality, safety, and emergency policies and procedures. Demonstrates quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice in every interaction with patients, colleagues, providers, and leadership. Ensures patient safety in the preparation and provisioning of care related to but not limited to medications, procedures, infection prevention, fall prevention, including consistent use of two patient identifiers and procedural time outs. Reports safety hazards, accidents and incidents, and unsafe working conditions promptly.
- Verifies prescription refill requests by reviewing original prescription form and patient identification to determine if refill is authorized, based on the number of refills remaining and established time requirements; contact appropriate medical office personnel by telephone or message slip, as needed, to obtain refill authorization.
- Types prescription labels from written instructions on the prescription form indicating patient name, physician, name of medication, strength, usage instructions, prescription number, date and personal initials. Places prescription label and associated forms in specified location for further processing.
- Selects prescribed medications to fill prescription orders as assigned, counts and/or pours dosage into appropriate container, and affixed prescription label and refill instructions.
- Calculated prescription cost using standard pricing procedure and completes sales receipt. Places filled prescription orders associated forms in specified location for evaluation and approval by the Pharmacist.
- Maintains appropriate inventory of prescription medications consistent with established levels and storage procedures.
- Conducts periodic audit and notify supervisor of reordering requirements. Checks and stores prepackaged medications received from the central warehouse; restock shelves and maintain neat appearance of inventory and work area.
- Balances daily revenue transactions by totaling cash register and counting cash, checks and credit card receipts to reconcile total sales.
- Reviews inconsistencies with appropriate personnel and reconcile total as needed. Summarized transaction data on daily cash report, packages money, prepares bank deposit and places in specified location for pickup.
- Assists supervisor in coordinating the workflow and activities of Pharmacy Clerks. Provides direction, guidance and assistance to ensure effective services based on patient volume and staffing.
- Monitors cashiering functions to ensure appropriate security and controls. Assists supervisor in resolving daily operations problems.
- Performs the responsibilities of a Pharmacy Clerk, as required.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.