RN Complex Care CoordinatorWestminster, Colorado
At Kaiser Permanente our nurses are leaders, clinicians, researchers, innovators, and scientists who are contributing toward being an industry-leading voice for advancing evidence-based care. Whether supporting the patient directly in our hospitals or clinics, providing care at home, serving our patients through innovative virtual technology, or managing care delivery teams, Kaiser Permanente nurses utilize scientific evidence and our integrated care model to optimize the total health of our members and the communities we serve. We invite nurses who are passionate about nursing excellence, high-quality compassionate care delivery, professionalism, integrity, teamwork and patient and family centeredness to join our teams so that we can continue to sustain and build upon our culture of excellence.
- Job Type: Call-in/On-Call
- Job Level: Individual Contributor
- Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
We’re looking for Nurse Leaders who possess the following traits.
- Socially Conscientious
We offer several benefits to our nurses.
Medical, Vision & Dental
Educational Opportunities & Tuition Reimbursement
Supportive Teams & Resources
Career Growth & Development
At Kaiser Permanente, we cultivate an environment of compassion, integrity, trust, and open communication that helps our teams do their best work. We believe that lifelong learning will expand our knowledge so we can better serve our patients. Our practice is rooted in research and evidence-based care. Our nurses reflect the rich diversity of our members and communities and provide culturally responsive and competent care that promotes understanding of our members needs and preferences. At Kaiser Permanente, nurses are highly skilled professionals who exemplify leadership, critical thinking, and collaborative problem solving and deliver the right care, at the right time, in the right setting.
What Our People Are Saying
Relief Charge Nurse
“Working as a nurse at Kaiser Permanente has allowed me the perfect flexible schedule so that I can volunteer as Girl Scout Leader and room parent for both my children. My kids know that I am a hardworking mother who can provide, as well as a mom who can be present and be there for them – and that means everything to me.”
RN, Advice Nurse
“Working for Kaiser Permanente has allowed me to take control of my future and make my goals a possibility. I feel that Kaiser Permanente allows me to keep climbing and moving. Having that ability truly makes me feel empowered.”
Registered Nurse IV
“Kaiser Permanente has taken me on a personal and educational growth journey. I am supported by a culture of excellence that allows me to be dedicated to patients and patients’ families every day at work. What an honor to be part of Kaiser Permanente.”.
Inpatient Lactation Consultant
“As an RN/IBCLC in Maternal Child, I’m meeting families at a pivotal time — I’m there to help launch a new family into the world. Everything I do has the potential to impact a family’s health for generations to come.”
Quality Coordinator RN
“In Hawaii, your community is your family — or ‘ohana.’ I am able to provide extraordinary patient-centered care to my ohana.”
Appointment and Advice RN
“The location is fantastic. Kaiser Permanente is all over the country. You can pick almost any environment you want – from ocean to mountain to city. You’ll still be able to contribute to our mission of providing high quality health care at a local facility.”
“I chose Kaiser Permanente because their staff and providers really show that they care about you. Also, throughout my 12 years of working here I’m always learning something new, and I’ve had many opportunities for growth and development.”
RN Complex Care Coordinator
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Please visit the Technical Information page for assistance or reach out to the web manager at email@example.com.
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- This position, knows and complies with all Kaiser Permanente quality, safety, and emergency policies and procedures. Demonstrates quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice in every interaction with patients, colleagues, providers, and leadership. Ensures patient safety in the preparation and provisioning of care related to but not limited to medications including the consistent use of 5 rights and 3 checks of medication administration, procedures, infection prevention, fall prevention, including consistent use of two patient identifiers and procedural time outs. Reports safety hazards, accidents and incidents, and unsafe working conditions promptly.
- Maintains a panel of patients that are identified by risk stratification at the local MOB. Provides a point of contact for these complex members.
- Assesses the healthcare, educational, and psychosocial needs of the member/caregiver and develops an appropriate care plan.
- Provides culturally relevant education and teach back for members that are enrolled into the RNCC panel.
- Synthesizes data from multiple sources including phone and face to face interaction with members to develop a coordinated patient plan of care and implements in collaboration with providers and multidisciplinary teams.
- Synthesizes and analyzes a large volume of data related to the member, benefits, eligibility, facilities, contracts, and clinical status to identify issues and facilitate problem solving that results in continuity of care, quality of care and optimal resource management for the patient.
- Develops strong relationships of trust, effective interpersonal skills, and communication in a collaborative environment with CPMG and network providers, leaders, and colleagues.
- Analyzes reports and records data. Uses data to identify health care problems and creates plan.
- Prioritizes patient's needs. Triages patients either in person or via telephone and implements proper course of action in accordance with established protocol/guideline or in consultation with provider. Conducts telephone call backs to patients requiring follow-up care. Evaluates emergency situations and initiates appropriate nursing interventions.
- Executes delegated medical functions which deliver aspects of care that implement and are consistent with the medical plan as prescribed by a licensed or otherwise legally authorized physician or person acting under the physician's delegated authority. Administers intravenous therapy and other medications.
- Provides therapy and treatment that is supportive and restorative to life and well being either directly to the patient or indirectly through consultation with, delegation to (per Colorado State Board of Nursing rules and regulations for delegation), supervision of, or teaching others. Refers to medical or community agencies per Kaiser Permanente guidelines those patients who need further treatment, evaluation, or assistance. Reviews and monitors therapy and treatment patient plans. Initiates appropriate consultations and/or actions accordingly.
- Facilitates the coordination and integration of care between health care services. Manages populations of patients to ensure appropriate utilization of health care resources. Leads health care team by influence and role modeling integrated effective nursing practices, services, innovation and provides outstanding support for physician practices.
- Acts as a patient advocate.
- Minimum of two (2) years of RN experience in a setting that focuses on complex patients.
- Graduate of a board approved RN program and completed a minimum of 750 clock hours of faculty planned clinical experience and guided learning activities which required direct supervision by faculty, associate nursing instructional personnel (ANIP) or preceptor who is physically present or immediately accessible.
- Current unrestricted license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Colorado.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) and Taxonomy code required at time of hire.
- Demonstrated customer service skills, customer focus abilities and the ability to understand Kaiser Permanente customer needs.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in care coordination and disease management for medically complex patients.
- Current experience in geriatric syndromes and cognitive assessment.
- Expertise in the care of frail adults.
Working out of Westminster MOB, covering responsibilities for PCM RN CC and CRM RN.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest
Ranked among the nation’s best
Every hospital that’s part of the Kaiser Permanente system earned “high performing” recognition in the latest U.S. News and World Report’s annual rankings. That means all 39 of our hospitals are among the top 20% in the nation.
Awarded for excellence
We’re proud that so many of our hospitals have earned Magnet status. It shows our real commitment to outcomes, safety, quality, efficiency, and, most importantly, to our nurses.
Recognizing nurses during Nurses Month in 2022
We’re thanking each one of our 65,000 Kaiser Permanente nurses for everything they’ve done for us and for the nation. Thank you for choosing to be a nurse and for leading our transformation of care.
Experience nursing excellence
Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.