Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Medical AssistantLocation: Wheat Ridge, CO Additional Locations:
Job Number: 857494 Date posted: 01/10/2020
- Performs duties & responsibilities w/excellence, enthusiasm, great service orientation demonstrating courteous behaviors & mannerisms, & by anticipating physician & other providers' needs.
- Prepares exam & treatment rooms for use by physicians & other medical providers by cleaning, stocking supplies, equipment & instruments
- Reviews & communicates to physician & other medical providers appt schedule to determine patient visit order & solicits special instructions or requests for the day, greets & escorts patient to exam or treatment room in a respectful, warm & caring manner
- Keeps patients, physician or other medical providers, & other team members, informed of physician's or other medical provider's status &/or time delays throughout the day
- Interviews patient to determine reason for visit; takes patient's vital signs, records information in patient's medical record; & reports findings to appropriate personnel. Instructs/assists patients in preparation for scheduled procedures
- Performs appropriate basic, routine & regular delegated medical functions as directed & w/i appropriate scope of practice as inferred by knowledge, skill level, & KP guidelines using appropriate instruments, techniques, & specimen labeling process. Contacts patients/patients' parents as directed
- Supports physicians & other medical providers performing routine exam & treatment procedures by attending patient during procedures & providing appropriate supplies & instruments
- Performs routine clerical & reception duties
- Contacts patients to obtain needed patient forms & records, printing/scanning/requesting reports, & assists in routine admin coordination of patient care w/other KP depts & w/related outside service providers
- Provides routine verbal & written instructions to patients as specifically directed
- Demonstrates flexibility & readily assists other staff members
- Maintains a safe & healthy work environment for patients, self, & others
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Demonstrates computer literacy for charting & reviewing in an EMR
- Works w/i scope of practice & according to KP policies
- Complies w/regulatory reqts & standards of care
- In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors & principles defined by the Kaiser Permanente Service Quality Credo, the KP Mission as well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives
- Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, & behaviors necessary to provide superior & culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, & to purchasers, contracted providers & vendor
- Completion of a Medical Assistant training program of at least six months in duration for the Medical Assistant. Copy of diploma and transcripts from program required.
- Demonstrated customer service skills, customer focus abilities & the ability to understand Kaiser Permanente customer needs.
- Certification as Medical Assistant preferred.
Working Hours: 7:00 am to 7:00
pm , 8 hour shifts. This position is in
Primary Care and will care for all ages and must be able to work Mon-Fri or
Tues-Sat. Prefer one year of ambulatory
primary care experience.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.