Realize the Potential Inside You
Work one-on-one with patients, family members, physicians, clinicians, and specialists to play an active role in the diagnostic and care delivery process. Leveraging the power of the latest technologies and advancements, you'll be supported and encouraged to realize your potential.
Assistant Director Diagnostic Imaging ServicesLocation: Woodland Hills, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 706241 Date posted: 06/08/2018
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Assists the Diagnostic Imaging Services Director in meeting the clinical needs of physicians, staff and members, as well as developing a strategy to integrate diagnostic imaging services.
- Manages the daily operations of assigned areas, or assists the Director in managing daily operations of a small department by maintaining appropriate schedules (both staffing and patient), and monitoring performance improvement, safety, quality and regulatory standards.
- Participates in the planning of major facilities construction/renovation projects to ensure the safe and effective placement of imaging equipment and efficiency of operations.
- Ensures equipment and procedures are safe, functional, and capable of meeting the diagnostic needs of the medical staff in a timely manner.
- Develops and monitors payroll and non-payroll budgets for the assigned areas.
- Identifies opportunities to reduce costs and implements appropriate actions, policies and procedures.
- Manages union supervisors and staff and resolves human resources, labor relations, employee and safety issues.
- Selects and trains technical and administrative imaging staff.
- Monitors staff performance and participates with the Chief and Director in the development of competencies, performance standards and imaging protocols/standards.
- Develops and implements a plan for equipment procurement, maintenance and replacement.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in diagnostic imaging technology and makes recommendations on the acquisition and implementation of new technology.
- Accountable for adherence to state and federal rules and regulations on safety and quality assurance.
- Ensures compliance with TJC, MQSA, federal, state and local agencies.
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed.
- Minimum three (3) years of clinical experience as a staff technologist in a diagnostic imaging modality.
- Bachelor's degree in radiologic technology or other imaging discipline, health care, business or health services administration OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Certification as Radiologic Technologist (CRT), Nuclear Medicine Technologist (CNMT) or American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) required.
- Supervisory or leadership experience within three (3) years of hire date in diagnostic imaging operations in a full service ambulatory or medical center diagnostic imaging department.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, labor relations and human relations skills essential.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state, and local regulatory standards required.
- Computer and standard software package skills required.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Working knowledge and experience in a high volume imaging department preferred.
- Experience managing in a union environment strongly preferred.
- This position will oversee MRI, Cat scan and Interventional Radiology.
About Imaging & Radiology Careers
Imaging & Radiology Careers
Do the best work of your career as you collaborate with colleagues and participate in continued learning and professional achievement opportunities. With a range of specialty areas in which to focus — from mammography to MRI, cardiac cath lab to ultrasound — and a variety of different scheduling options, there is plenty of room for you to grow — from technologist, to manager, and beyond — in our supportive environment.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.