The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Case Manager Extended Care Coordinator RN-PDLocation: Woodland Hills, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 738220 Date posted: 10/09/2018
- In conjunction with physicians and healthcare team, develops an individual care plan based on patient assessment/evaluation and diagnostic tests.
- Monitors/evaluates patient progress and modifies treatment plan as appropriate in collaboration with the Multidisciplinary team.
- Recommends additional levels of care, therapy/rehabilitation when medically indicated as appropriate.
- Monitors levels and appropriateness of therapeutic and/or rehabilitative care.
- Implements strategies to assure that patients and caregivers comply with and understand the importance of follow through on plan of care in collaboration with the Multidisciplinary team.
- Provides individualized patient/family education which focuses on teaching self management.
- Conducts individual and team conferences to assist patients and family identify risk factors.
- Facilitates patients' return to normal daily activities by teaching and making appropriate referrals for outside services/continued care collaboratively.
- In conjunction with physicians and healthcare team, develops treatment program procedures, clinical guidelines/protocols and program evaluation/outcomes measures.
- Educates the Inpatient Case managers about appropriateness of transfers to the Skilled Nursing facility and protocol for transfers.
- Ensures that the patient has a safe and appropriate discharge.
- Orders DME as ordered by the physician.
- Screens by using senior metrics for Skilled patient expected Length of Stay.
- Responsible for educating the Inpatient Case managers/designees about the appropriateness of admissions to the Skilled Nursing facility and protocols for admission.
- Intervenes when there are quality issues surrounding the transfers.
- Notifies members about the co-payment associated with the Skilled Nursing transfer.
- Communicates with physicians and other care givers regarding patient progress by monitoring, evaluating and analyzing clinical, functional and psycho-social status/progress.
- Issues reports.
- Participates in inter-disciplinary case conferences and consultations.
- Consults with the physician regarding the Senior metrics for the appropriate length of stay for the Skilled population.
- Contributes to medical and nursing staff education by giving periodic in-service presentations.
- Recommended to be present at the inpatient UM staff meetings.
- Participates in review/evaluation of the quality, appropriateness and outcomes of diagnostic and therapeutic services and treatment programs.
- Participates in committees, teams or other work projects/duties as assigned.
- Minimum two (2) years of clinical experience as an RN in an acute care setting required.
ECC Antelope Valley: One (1) year of Utilization Management experience, to include Discharge Planning.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Current California RN license required.
- AHA BLS.
- Current CA driver's license and a clear driving record for the past two years.
- Proof of automobile insurance as required by law.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize/apply the general and specialized principles, practices, techniques and methods of utilization review/management, discharge planning or case management.
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements and accreditation standards (TJC, Medicare, Medi-Cal, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to utilize written and verbal communication, interpersonal, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Computer literacy skills required.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or healthcare related field preferred or current equivalent related work experience preferred.
- Case Management Certification preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.