Explore Your Future
With powerful technologies at your fingertips, you'll be the foundation for delivering accurate diagnoses as you ensure an unparalleled patient experience.
Clinical Lab ScientistLocation: Woodland Hills, CA Job Number: 910739 Date posted: 10/26/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- High School Education or General Education Development (GED) required.
- A current and valid California State Clinical Laboratory Scientist License (CLS).
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of and to utilize the principles, theories, practices, methodologies and techniques required of a Clinical Laboratory Scientist.
- NOTE: ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR REGIONAL REFERENCE LABS (RRL):
- Function competently as a Licensed Clinical Laboratory Scientist in a high volume Laboratory demonstrating knowledge of principles, theories, practices, techniques. Must have Good communication skills and able to solve problems. And, as appropriate for the department/specialty, within the last three (3) years, at least six (6) months experience:
- Note: CLS students' one (1) year internship can be considered meeting the experience requirement below.
- Experience in automated instrumentation; knowledge testing principles; molecular based procedures; QC protocols; knowledge in autoverification, EIA, chemiluminence and IFA platforms;knowledge of method validations, and hematology validation, QC and calibration, manual diff count. (CORE LAB, inlcudes AUTO CHEM, IMMUNOLOGY, HEMATOLOGY).
- Experience and knowledge in using high complex methods employing electrophoresis,chromatography, and mass spectrometry, and Special Coagulation (SPECIAL CHEMISTRY, SPECIAL COAGULATION, BIOCHEMICAL GENETICS).
- Read, interpret, work-up and report culture results for all areas of Aerobic and Anaerobic Bacteriology; proficient in reading and interpreting stained smears; knowledge and ability to set-up and report automated/molecular identification and susceptibility testing and interpret results (BACTERIOLOGY).
- NOTE: ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR REGIONAL FLOW CYTOMETRY (LOS ANGELES):
- One year recent experience in Flow Cytometry analysis such as leukemia / lymphoma phenotyping, paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria, T cell subset enumeration, DNA cell cycle analysis and cytochemical staining.
- A Clinical Laboratory Scientist with a limited license will only qualify for a CLS position within their specialty and only applicable in the following departments at the Regional Reference Laboratories: Chemistry limited license qualifies for Automated Chemistry or Esoteric Chemistry CLS positions; Toxicology limited license qualifies for Esoteric Chemistry CLS positions; Immunology limited license qualifies for Molecular or Immunology CLS positions; Microbiology limited license qualifies for Bacteriology, Molecular or Immunology CLS positions; Hematology limited license qualifies for Hematology and Special Coagulation.
- Will rotate through all departments of the laboratory including Blood Bank and therefore strong Medical Center Blood Bank experience is required.
- One (1) year recent experience as a CLS.
Must be able to work well in life or death situations related to Transfusion Medicine.
- Will be required to perform pre-analytical duties including Phlebotomy.
- Will work every Saturday or rotating Saturday/Sunday and Holidays as needed in one of the Woodland Hills Area locations with variable start times and days off depending upon departmental needs.
- Shift schedule is variable, required to work 4, 6 or 8 hour shifts; predominantly PM and Night Shift.
- Float as needed in Thousand Oaks Laboratory, Ventura Market Street or one of the Woodland Hills Area locations.
Ventura 4949 Market St. Medical Offices, 4949 Market St., Ventura,California, 93003 Scheduled Weekly Hours: 20 Shift: Variable Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun Working Hours Start: 2:00 PM Working Hours End: 2:00 AM Job Schedule: Part-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: B02-L770|UFCW|Local 770 Job Level: Individual Contributor Job Category: Laboratory Department: Laboratory and Pathology Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Laboratory Careers
Our clinical laboratory scientists, phlebotomists, and lab techs work in both outpatient clinics and hospital settings and have an opportunity to gain exposure to different areas, including chemistry, coagulation, hematology, urinalysis, and the blood bank. We also operate reference laboratories, which serve as hubs for specimen processing and analysis as well as specialized testing — such as microbiology and molecular biology. Offering modern facilities, advanced equipment, and scheduling options, we provide a dynamic environment in which you'll continue to learn and grow.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!
Join Kaiser Permanente's Talent Network
Sign up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your interests.