Director Social Services
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Plans, develops, manages and evaluates/improves social services in multiple locations/departments, (i.e., Medical Social Work for in-and-outpatients, in-patient). Psychiatry at the Mental Health Center, Acute In-Patient Program. In-Patient Psychiatric Geriatric Program, Partial Hospitalization Programs, Home Health and Hospice and related programs at a tertiary care Medical Center and its outlying Medical Offices. Implements, maintains and improves standards, quality levels, cost effectiveness, and customer focused services. Establishes effective linkages with medical center and community departments/agencies to ensure provision of quality, comprehensive, integrated care to members. Provides service delivery which adds value and is linked to strategic business and organizational goals and objectives.
- Plans, develops, implements, and maintains and improves/evaluates social services and other related activities: policies and procedures; delivery of social work programs/services; quality management; fiscal management and; patient/community planning services.
- Manages staff (including staff deployed to multiple departments and locations).
- Ensures competencies.
- Provides clinical leadership and supervision/consultation.
- Develops, implements and monitors the quality management programs for social services.
- Assesses and analyzes staff development needs.
- Develops, and/or presents educational/development services that support the delivery of high quality social work services.
- Develops and manages departmental budget and costs including identification and implementation of opportunities for improved services, value enhancement, and cost reduction/management.
- Manages (including collaborating with human resources) and resolves human resources, labor relations, employee performance issues.
- Safety and risk management issues.
- Analyzes and implements appropriate staffing levels and skill-mix.
- Recommends, develops and implements new programs enhancing quality of care and services to specialized patient populations.
- Participates in writing and/or develops grant proposals.
- Identifies community resources.
- Collaborates with community organizations in developing new programs and enhancing community services for members and other users of our services.
- Collaborates/consults with medical center physician chiefs, departmental managers, other users of social work services, regional departments, and health plan members on psycho-social matters, service needs and ensures that service is provided in an integrated and comprehensive manner.
- Identifies issues, which interface with service delivery and develops techniques to resolve them.
- Ensures compliance with federal, and state regulatory/compliance standards.
• Minimum three (3) years of social work supervisory or management experience in a large, acute care hospital.
• Master's degree in clinical social work from an institution accredited by the Council of Social Work Education.
License, Certification, Registration
• Current LCSW required.
• Demonstrated ability to utilize knowledge, principles and practices of fiscal and program management.
• Demonstrated knowledge of health care systems, human development and psychodynamic theories.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
• Strong Emotional Intelligence and Strategic Thinking
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.