Explore Your Future
With powerful technologies at your fingertips, you'll be the foundation for delivering accurate diagnoses as you ensure an unparalleled patient experience.
Laboratory Assistant ILocation: Woodland Hills, CA Additional Locations:
Oxnard 2200 E. Gonzales Rd. Medical Offices 2200 E, 2200 E. Gonzales Rd., Oxnard,California, 93003
Erwin St. Medical Offices 21263 Erwin St., 21263 Erwin St., Woodland Hills,California, 91367
Simi Valley Medical Offices 1 3900 Alamo St., 3900 Alamo St., Simi Valley,California, 93063
Thousand Oaks Medical Offices 365 E. Hillcrest Dr., 365 E. Hillcrest Dr., Thousand Oaks,California, 91360
322 Thousand Oaks Medical Offices 322 E. Thousand, 322 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd., Thousand Oaks,California, 91360 Job Number: 762199 Date posted: 01/28/2019
- Upholds KP's policies and procedures, principles of responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Selects the appropriate phlebotomy technique relative to the age and physical maturation of the patient.
- Assesses the quantity of blood to be drawn from the patient based on the patient's age, physical maturation and the test or study to be preformed.
- Performs venipuncture, finger stick or heel stick, as required, proficiently on patients of all ages.
- Properly labels sample(s) and transports to laboratory or clinical laboratory scientist as required.
- Performs the pre-analytical phase of testing by bar coding, centrifuging, separating, logging, culturing and staining of bacteriological specimens.
- Establishes and maintains courteous, cooperative relations with the public, patients and other personnel
- Performs other duties as required including checking in patients, collecting appropriate revenue, accessioning test orders and giving preparation instructions to patients.
- Handles difficult patients in a professional manner.
- Displays professionalism at all times, both in attitude and appearance.
- Follows directives from all supervisors, leads and seniors.
- High school graduate/GED.
- Valid California phlebotomy certification: A valid certification is defined as having in physical possession the California department of Health Services (CADHS), Certified Phlebotomist Technician (CPT) document.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Laboratory Careers
Our clinical laboratory scientists, phlebotomists, and lab techs work in both outpatient clinics and hospital settings and have an opportunity to gain exposure to different areas, including chemistry, coagulation, hematology, urinalysis, and the blood bank. We also operate reference laboratories, which serve as hubs for specimen processing and analysis as well as specialized testing — such as microbiology and molecular biology. Offering modern facilities, advanced equipment, and scheduling options, we provide a dynamic environment in which you'll continue to learn and grow.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.