Support the Bottom Line — and the Big Picture
Create the financial strategies that affect our patients, medical centers, and future. On this team, you'll provide the strategy recommendations that drive operational and process improvement, as well as face challenging opportunities to influence the future of health care.
Masters Intern, Business Strategy and FinanceLocation: Woodland Hills, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 857624 Date posted: 01/11/2020
The Business Strategy and Finance team for Woodland Hill-s Medical Center works to provide on-going budgeting, forecasting, monthly performance review, capital planning, and ad-hoc financial analysis. This team is looking for an intern to assist with evaluating the efficiency of various departments through strategic thinking, analysis, and problem solving. Desired backgrounds and majors include: Finance, Accounting, Math and/or Statistics.
This position provides analytical support to a project or department. Under the guidance of a Project Manager/Director, responsible for collecting and researching data, performing analysis, providing recommendations and presenting results.
- Responsible for contributing high level analytical support to a project or department requiring application of knowledge in marketing, information management, finance, management, economics or statistics.
- This position contributes to a full range of project components.
- Assigned to at least one (1) project and expected to produce results and report out as a member of a project team.
- Organizes assigned project tasks, identifies and structures information collection activities and sets time lines for completion of required tasks as directed.
- Develops tools to identify and to document best practices.
- Prepares various Excel, Word or PowerPoint reports and works with Access database software (or similar tool) to develop data extracts and management information reports.
- May be asked to produce graphic information using Excel or PowerPoint or similar software.
- Contributes to development of management information and analysis conducted, provides recommendations and assists with preparation of formal presentations to communicate results to various management levels.
- Identifies alternative solutions to project issues.
- Contributes to development project plans to ensure timely deliverables and successful completion of project and demonstrates an understanding of various business intersections.
- Assists with identification and development of training information.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis.
- At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to revaluate and change job descriptions or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status.
- Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Bachelor's degree required, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Enrolled in or recent graduate of a MBA or other Master's level program with an accredited college or university.
License, Certification, Registration
- Solid analytical skills, problem solving, project management and critical thinking.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to utilize at a working level Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Knowledge of SQL or SAS highly desirable.
- Desired backgrounds and majors include: Finance, Accounting, Math and/or Statistics.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Accounting, Finance, & Actuarial Careers
Members of our accounting team support corporate projects and lend insight to areas such as financial reporting, tax planning and preparation, and audit management. This team also includes our audit professionals, who partner with financial and operational groups across the organization to analyze budgets and streamline procedures.
Supporting critical business functions such as financial services, national Medicare finance, strategic planning, auditing, and corporate finance, our finance professionals develop the strategies that enable us to meet our financial goals.
Applying probability and statistics to the practical problems of insurance, our actuarial team performs a variety of duties, including calculating the cost of premiums and policy values, preparing statistical studies, and forecasting financial results.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.