Deliver Expert Advice
Alongside physicians, clinicians, and patients, you'll work as a respected and vital member of our care delivery team. Providing information and recommending treatment programs that support our proactive philosophy, you'll approach health from a holistic perspective that includes alternative therapies and lifestyle changes in addition to the latest medications.
Outpatient Pharmacy Supervisor (LR-3858)Location: Woodland Hills, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 802438 Date posted: 09/09/2019
- Assists the Outpatient Pharmacy Manager - Hourly or Outpatient Pharmacy Operations Manager with the development and implementation of pharmacy strategic initiatives.
- Responsible for the supervision of day-to-day services/activities/functions, including drug distribution, drug education, pharmacist clinical activities, retail business expansion, inventory management, performance measurements, regulatory compliance, employee development and multi-disciplinary team development, in a large volume and/or 24-hour pharmacy location.
- Supervises departmental personnel and operational practices to ensure compliance with Federal and State laws and regulations, T.J.C., O.S.H.A., SBOP, Statewide and Departmental policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with the Inpatient Pharmacy Management and Medical Group departments to provide continuity of care and compliance with applicable Federal and State laws and regulations governing hospitals.
- Sphere of influence includes Pharmacy Staff, Providers, other members of the Pharmacy Management Team.
- Provides personnel management activities (e.g. recruits, hires, trains and evaluates, and/or terminates subordinate hourly personnel).
- Works with Human Resources in handling employee grievances.
- Completes/administers performance evaluations and ensures adherence to departmental plan for completion of performance evaluations.
- Responsible for the preparation and assignment of department staff's work schedules and assignments.
- Makes staffing and scheduling adjustments to meet volume/workload demands and in accordance with collective bargaining agreements.
- Prepares and/or approves the biweekly payroll.
- Provides regular communication and feedback to the staff.
- Assists the Outpatient Pharmacy - Hourly or Outpatient Pharmacy Operations Manager to monitor personnel utilization in accordance with operating budget.
- Responsible to monitor financial parameters and to operate within budgetary targets.
- Participates in designing, implementing and evaluating systems, processes and methods designed to enhance quality, improve service, and enhance cost effectiveness.
- Directs, assesses and alters dispensing and point-of-sale workflow to achieve desired service outcomes.
- Assists the Outpatient Pharmacy Manager - Hourly or Outpatient Pharmacy Operations Manager to collaborate with providers, department heads, and the Outpatient Pharmacy Director to implement, evaluate and improve quality management programs.
- Provides resolution to service complaints by Health Plan members, other Kaiser health care professionals, department heads, and employees.
- Administers organizational and department policies and procedures on a day-to-day basis.
- Performs the duties of all subordinate employees and other duties as required.
- Degree in pharmacy required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current CA Registered Pharmacist License.
- Must pass background check.
- Ability to demonstrate and apply knowledge of contemporary outpatient pharmacy operations principles and standards, including clinical, professional, legal, business, and public relations aspects.
- Must have a working knowledge of applicable Federal and State pharmacy regulations.
- Ability to extract pertinent information from patients, or other sources, to apply to the patient's medical management plan.
- Demonstrated abilities and skills in pharmacy business management, customer problem-resolution, leadership and supervision.
- Must possess self-initiative, innovative and collaborative skills.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in oral and written English-speaking communication skills.
- Proficiency in various databases and other computer usage.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Pharm. D. preferred.
- Previous experience or courses completed, in pharmacy business management or related subjects preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Pharmacy Careers
Whether you're a resident, technician, or specialist, you'll find a wide array of clinical services in our progressive practice environment. In addition to outpatient, inpatient/hospital, and ambulatory care/clinical opportunities, we maintain specialized pharmacy services, automated refill pharmacies, regional call centers, drug information services, and pharmacy analytical services. In fact, our mail-order pharmacy was ranked highest in customer satisfaction by a J.D. Power U.S. Pharmacy Study.
Our pharmacists also have access to a wealth of information and integrated technologies, meaning you have the information you need at your fingertips, enabling you to make the right decisions, expedite patient care, and actively participate in your patients' health.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.