Ensuring Each Facility's Aesthetic and Success
From maintaining the aesthetic appearance of our grounds to driving environmental services at our facilities to managing product inventory and distribution, our facilities services and materials management team members are vital to the daily upkeep of our medical centers and business facilities.
Sterile Processing Technician ILocation: Woodland Hills, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 792752 Date posted: 05/14/2019
Decontaminates, cleans, packages, sterilizes, stores and distributes medical/surgical, equipment and supplies in accordance with CDC, OSHA, EPA, AAMI, Title 22, APIC, SGNA, JC guidelines as required.
- Make equipment rounds and return soiled equipment to SPD; clean equipment per manufacturer's recommendations and validate functionality prior to storage; validate PM status on equipment issued from and returned to SPD per department policy.
- Answer phones.
- Inventory and restock supplies, and specialty carts i.e. isolation, latex, crash carts, etc. per department policy.
- Order specialty beds and other patient equipment per medical center practice.
- Disassembles, cleans or decontaminates surgical instruments per manufacturer's recommendations including ultrasonic cleaning.
- Assembles, inspects, tests, wraps and dates simple sets per department protocol according manufacturer's recommendations.
- Operate all equipment in Sterile Processing Department including, but not limited to, steam sterilizers, plasma sterilizers, automated endoscope reprocessors, biological incubators, heat sealers, instrument and cart washers.
- Use of instrument and equipment tracking system in all areas of Sterile Processing Department including documentation of tests and sterilizer records.
- Examines and maintains integrity of sterile packages.
- Prepare OR case carts according to preference cards on all surgical procedures.
- Promotes, ensures, and improves customer service to internal and external customers.
- Able to work in a collaborative environment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned within the scope of training and service.
Pay Grade: 22
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED).
- Completion of an accredited Sterile Processing Program including 400 clinical hours or a Surgical Technician program.
License, Certification, Registration
- Basic knowledge of instrument processing techniques, including but not limited to decontamination, assembly, and sterilization.
- Knowledge of Sterile Processing Department Policies and Procedures; be able to articulate on soaps and detergents, methods of packaging, types of sterilization methods and parameters, infection control practices, high-level disinfection practices, and safe practices in Sterile Processing Department.
- Knowledge of medical, nursing, and surgical supplies and equipment.
- Ability to distinguish colors and hear audible alarms required.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a stressful environment.
- Basic computer skills.
- One (1) year of recent experience as a Sterile Processing Technician or Surgical Technician working in Sterile Processing Department in an acute hospital or ambulatory setting.
- Sterile Processing or Surgical Technician national certification preferred.
normal;mso-layout-grid-align:none;text-autospace:none>- This is an on-call
position, days and hours may vary.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Handling the administration of all activities concerned with the ordering, storage, and movement of materials — as well as assessing, maintaining, and improving the upkeep and appearance of our facilities — as a member of this team you'll help everything look and run its best inside and outside our 600+ locations. Working in building management, maintenance, sourcing, purchasing, environmental services, and more, you'll play a vital role in ensuring the success of our organization.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.