Deliver Expert Advice
Alongside physicians, clinicians, and patients, you'll work as a respected and vital member of our care delivery team. Providing information and recommending treatment programs that support our proactive philosophy, you'll approach health from a holistic perspective that includes alternative therapies and lifestyle changes in addition to the latest medications.
Supervisor Ambulatory Pharmacy Care (LR-3874)Location: Woodland Hills, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 810916 Date posted: 08/14/2019
- Supervises, recruits, hires/fires, trains and manages/improves employee performance.
- Provides leadership and direction to Ambulatory Pharmaceutical Care Services personnel/staff including evaluating and coaching.
- Develops a team of professionals who plan and implement departmental goals and objectives.
- Administers all departmental policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with the Clinical Operations Manager in meeting deadlines, participates on committees, and stands in as a representative of Ambulatory Pharmaceutical Care Services, as needed.
- Assists with the development and implementation of CA division pharmacy strategic initiatives which are designed to enhance quality, improve member service, and enhance cost effectiveness.
- Works in collaboration with providers, department heads, and the Clinical Operations Manager to implement, evaluate, and improve quality management programs.
- Ensures high level of quality, competency, and accuracy by developing and maintaining quality assurance and competency assessment processes.
- Ensures compliance with Federal and State laws, regulations, and standards.
- Prepares and/or approves the bi-weekly payroll, and monitors personnel utilization in accordance with the operating budget or workload requirements.
- Proposes, develops, and implements efficient innovations to improve the Ambulatory Pharmaceutical Care Services to meet the needs of KP members and physicians.
- Provides ambulatory care service backup coverage as needed.
- Degree in pharmacy required
License, Certification, Registration
- Licensure as a pharmacist in California
- Demonstrated self-initiative and innovation, and the ability to collaborate with others.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of applicable state and federal pharmacy regulations.
- Ability to demonstrate competency in the clinical areas of practice.
- Demonstrated knowledge of outpatient pharmacy operations, including professional, legal, business and public relations aspects.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work as a member of a professional team.
- Substantial travel may be required.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum two (2) years Residency in Clinical Pharmacy or two (2) years directly related clinical experience preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years of pharmacy management, supervisory and/or functional direction experience.
- Pharm.D preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Pharmacy Careers
Whether you're a resident, technician, or specialist, you'll find a wide array of clinical services in our progressive practice environment. In addition to outpatient, inpatient/hospital, and ambulatory care/clinical opportunities, we maintain specialized pharmacy services, automated refill pharmacies, regional call centers, drug information services, and pharmacy analytical services. In fact, our mail-order pharmacy was ranked highest in customer satisfaction by a J.D. Power U.S. Pharmacy Study.
Our pharmacists also have access to a wealth of information and integrated technologies, meaning you have the information you need at your fingertips, enabling you to make the right decisions, expedite patient care, and actively participate in your patients' health.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.