Taking Care in Building Teams
As an award-winning leader in health care, we take pride in assembling our extraordinary teams and place a high emphasis on matching the right talent with the right roles. If you’re ready to apply your skills and passion to our highly collaborative, mission-driven team, you’ve come to the right place.
Our Hiring Process — Step-by-Step
Step 1: finding your fit
Joining the Kaiser Permanente workforce is like joining a family — a really big, proud, innovative, motivated family. To be sure our team is a match for you, we encourage you to watch our videos below and learn more about our culture, mission, and what it’s like to work here. If what you learn about us really speaks to you, it’s time to explore opportunities!
Step 2: searching jobs and submitting interest
- Start by searching for jobs that match your skills, qualifications, and interests. You can search as a visitor, set up an account, or sign into your existing account.
- Once you find a position(s) you are interested in, review the qualifications in detail and make sure you meet all required qualifications.
- Click the Submit button at the bottom of the job description to submit your interest in the position, which includes providing your resume. You will have to create an account to complete this step.
Learn more about searching for jobs and submitting interest.
Step 3: Pre-Hire Assessments
For some positions, Kaiser Permanente conducts online pre-hire assessments to evaluate a combination of aptitude, behavioral competencies, skills (e.g., typing, data entry), and knowledge of candidates. We will contact you if a pre-hire assessment is required for the job you expressed interest in. Click here for more information on assessments.
Step 4: Candidate Review and Interview
If your skills and experience appear to align with those of the position, a Talent Acquisition Professional may contact you for additional screening. This may lead to further interview(s) conducted by phone, in-person, and/or video. Due to the high volume of submissions we receive, we cannot contact each person who submits a resume for consideration.
Identifying the right people for the right roles can take time, so thank you in advance for your patience.
Step 5: Candidate Selection
Once you’ve been selected for a position, your phone will ring and our Talent Acquisition Professional will make you a verbal offer. (Insert fist-pump here!) This conversation will be followed by a written offer letter.
Once you’ve accepted the offer letter and passed applicable pre-employment screenings and verifications — including drug and background checks — your start date will be confirmed and you’ll be part of our Kaiser Permanente family!
Need to request a reasonable accommodation for your disability as you navigate the recruitment process? Want to learn more about our accommodation practices for recruitment?
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Jobs For You
- Intern-Graduate (Ben) Oakland, California
- Clinical Decision Unit Nurse Lutherville, Maryland, Annapolis, Maryland, Columbia, Maryland, Nottingham, Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland, Halethorpe, Maryland, Glen Burnie, Maryland, Abingdon, Maryland
- Staff Nurse II - Emergency Department Modesto, 32/Evening Modesto, California