Searching Jobs and Submitting Interest
Thank you for considering an opportunity at Kaiser Permanente. Here you will find step-by-step instructions on how to search jobs, create your profile, and submit your interest to an open position.
A Step-by-Step Guide
Search Open Jobs
- Begin your search in the upper right corner of any page of the careers website by entering a keyword and/or location then clicking “Search Jobs.” If you already know the job number of the position you are interested in, enter that into the keyword field and click "Search Jobs."
- Jobs will populate in a Search Results page. You can use the filters on the left to further refine your results.
- To restart your search, simply go back to the keyword and locations fields and enter new queries.
NOTE: Avoid using the back button on your browser while searching or your search criteria will be reset.
View Job Description
- View the job description from your search results by clicking on the job title.
- Find a job that matches your skills, qualifications, and interest? You can either add it to “Saved Jobs” to review later or submit your interest now.
Share with a Friend in Your Network
- If you are viewing a job posting you feel might be right for a friend, locate the “Share This Job” feature at the top right of the job description and select the channel through which you wish to pass it along.
Save a Job
- To save a job to review later, click “Save Job” on the job description or click the bookmark icon from the job Search Results page. All jobs added to your saved jobs list can be reviewed on the “Saved Jobs” page, accessible from the link on the top right of any page on the Careers website.
Begin the Submission Process
- When viewing the job description of a job you want to submit your interest to, click “Submit Interest” to begin the submission process. Review the user agreement and click “Accept” if you agree.
- Use the log-in box to either sign in or create a new account.
New Users — Creating a New Account
- Click “New User.”
- Create a username and password, enter your email address, and then click “Register.”
- Once you have registered, click on “My Account Options” to add and save your personal information.
Returning Users — Signing In
- Enter your username and password, then click “Login.”
- If you have forgotten either your username or password, click the corresponding prompts for assistance.
NOTE: Your account may lock after several unsuccessful attempts to log in. It should automatically unlock after approximately 30 minutes. If your account has been locked for several hours, please email the web manager at email@example.com.
- Once you have signed in successfully, click on “My Account Options” to add or update your personal information.
Create or Update Your Candidate Profile
- On the “My Job Page” tab, click “Access my profile” located on the right side of the page.
- Create your candidate profile by entering your personal information, employment and education history, and preferred working criteria. Attaching a resume is encouraged, but not required. Click “Save and Continue” following each step and select “Submit” to save your profile.
- Completing and maintaining your candidate profile makes the process of submitting interest in an open position quick and easy.
- Be sure to complete all fields. If a question does not apply to you, enter “Not applicable” or “N/A.”
Complete the Submission Process
- When you have completed all steps and are ready to submit your interest, click “Submit.”
- You will see a “Confirmation of submission” screen to let you know the process is complete.
- You can choose to “Save as Draft” at any point during the submission process and later retrieve the incomplete/draft submission by clicking on the “My Submissions” tab. If the option to edit or complete your submission is not available then this means the job has been unposted and you will be unable to complete your submission.
After Your Submission Is Complete
- If you’d like to review your job submissions, a list is located on the “My Job Page” tab in the “My Submissions” section.
What to expect: If your skills and experience appear to align with those of the position, a Talent Acquisition Professional may contact you for additional screening. Collective bargaining agreements apply for represented positions. Due to the high volume of submissions we receive, we cannot contact each person who submits a resume for consideration.
Identifying the right people for the right roles can take time, so thank you in advance for your patience.
We wish you the best of luck in your career search.
Still Have Questions? Explore Answers to the Most Commonly Asked Questions by Reading Our FAQs.
Don’t be shy. Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.