Fiercely committed to our members, our mission, our communities, and each other, every single member of the Kaiser Permanente team is essential to our success. Together, our more than 305,000 dedicated professionals work to advance Kaiser Permanente's commitment to delivering a healthier tomorrow. Driven by passion, we strive to take Kaiser Permanente to the next level. With the wellness of our patients and our communities at heart, we work to revolutionize health and care in America and around the world.
As employees of Kaiser Permanente, there are many things for us to be proud of! But don't just take our word for it. Watch our employees talk about the most motivating and rewarding aspects of the KP employee experience. From growth opportunities to great benefits to being encouraged to reach your full potential, find out what awaits when you add your talents — and your voice — to our team.
The KP Experience
We have a strong vision for what's to come, and we work together to make it a reality.
We believe in what you bring to the table, and that you have a hand in shaping the future of health and care.
There is no greater reward than working as one with a powerful team of experts to deliver change. It's what we stand for. It's what we do.
We believe in health — yours, ours, everyone's. And we work tirelessly to enable, support, and drive it.
We recognize that we are role models for health. We empower healthy workplaces, healthy habits, healthy lifestyles, and healthy living.
We know that every team member is essential to our success, and we support each and every employee to be his or her best.
For us, learning is a way of life. Whether you sit on the clinical, technical, or business side of our organization, we're always exploring our potential — as teams and as individuals. With the freedom to pursue career paths and educational opportunities that match your ambitions, you'll challenge yourself to reach new heights and feel empowered to make a difference.
A sample of our learning and personal development resources includes:
- Career Development: We encourage you to follow your passions. Working closely with managers, you'll create an Individual Development Plan that will improve your current skill set, guide your growth, and advance your career.
- Skill Sharpening: We inspire ongoing growth through online courses and in-person classes, stretch assignments, the exploration and use of new technologies, and even via volunteer work.
- Well-Rounded Development: Learning at Kaiser Permanente not only shapes employees in their specialties — it also gives them the vital business skills that every team member employs to help deliver outstanding care.
- Mentorship Program: Informal mentoring takes place daily across our organization. But for employees who want to engage in more formal learning and teaching, we have a program that connects mentors and mentees, establishing powerful connections and enabling us to raise the bar for ourselves and others so that together, we can reach our highest potential.
- Leadership Training: Develop the skills to take the next professional step through training programs and courses.
- Size & Scope: Perhaps beyond anything else, our immense reach provides opportunities to grow your career in many directions.
- Tuition Reimbursement: We believe learning is a lifelong journey, and one way we support our employees on this journey is through tuition reimbursement programs.
- Business Resource Groups: Within a tight-knit group setting, you have the opportunity to grow your network and share experiences, knowledge, and ideas — helping you shape our work with your perspective.
Our employees work hard every day to support our mission. In return, we offer competitive compensation and benefits designed to help our team members and their families stay healthy, meet their financial goals, and generally thrive in and beyond work.
Depending on your position, your compensation and benefits may include:
- Generous Vacation, Holiday & Sick Leave
- Medical (including prescriptions), Vision, Mental Health & Dental Care
- Disability & Life Insurance Coverage
- Educational Opportunities & Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness & Employee Assistance Programs
- Health Care, Dependent Care & Transit Flexible Spending Account Options
- Retirement Plans
NOTE: Benefits and incentives may vary based on your Kaiser Permanente region, position, scheduled hours, and representation by collective bargaining or employee groups.
We understand that our employees are people — people with lives outside of their careers. And we believe in helping them thrive by encouraging wellness, supporting balance, and empowering action so that everyone can be their very best self.
Some examples of what we provide to deliver on this promise include:
- Eat Well initiatives, which include one-on-one Wellness Coaching, online nutrition resources, healthy eating options in our cafeterias and vending machines, and more
- Mental Health & Wellness tools that support emotional well-being, stress reduction, meditation practices, and more
- Healthy Workplace practices that include team wellness tools and implementation practices, smoking cessation support, our Employee Assistance Program, onsite farmers markets, and more
- Robust Healthy Meetings programs that encourage moving meetings, stretch breaks, Instant Recesses, healthy catering, and more
- Our Recreation Connection, offering discounted tickets and other recreational activities to employees and their families
- Move More programs that encourage, guide, and support physical activity and active living through resources, onsite classes*, and more
- Flexible scheduling options for many positions
- Work-from-home and remote workforce opportunities offered for certain roles
*Offerings vary by location.
Being a care organization, we value health, wellness, and happiness above all. Consistently ranked a "top tier" Best Employer for Healthy Lifestyles by the National Business Group on Health, we know that reaching your potential at work starts with being your best outside of it.