Technology has unlimited potential — and so do you. As a member of Kaiser Permanente’s Information Technology team, you’ll explore new and meaningful ways to harness the power of technology — all in the name of health. Empowered by the latest systems and applications, you’ll take on challenging projects that stand to redefine the role technology plays in the delivery of care. It’s vital work that carries with it awesome responsibility — but it’s also sure to inspire. Discover why women who are passionate about technology make Kaiser Permanente their career choice!
TOP REASONS TO JOIN KAISER PERMANENTE AS A WOMAN IN TECH
Opportunity for Growth: We empower you to continually enhance and develop your skills with a wide variety of tools, training, and resources.
Scope and Scale: As the nation’s leading nonprofit health plan, we house more data than the Library of Congress. Here, you’ll impact technology and care on an immense scale.
Strong Networks: Our systems — and people — are powerful. Here, you’ll not only work with our advanced systems and networks, but you’ll network with the experts who design, build, and maintain them.
Committed to Health: Our mission is to empower people to maximize their health — you and your family, as well as our members and patients!
Flexibility: To help you achieve balance between work and life, we offer flexible scheduling and a generous PTO package. Additionally, many of these roles come with the option to telecommute.
Community Outreach: We encourage you to give back to the community where it matters most to you. (For our working moms, this often translates into volunteer time at your children's schools!)
Award Winning: One of Computerworld’s Best Places to Work in IT for the seventh straight year. One of 2016’s Most Wired Health Care Companies. One of CareerBliss’ Happiest Companies in America. One of the Top 10 Companies with the Happiest Young Professionals. A Best Employer for Healthy Lifestyles®. And one of DiversityInc’s Top 5 Companies for Diversity, 8 years running.
AREAS OF OPPORTUNITY
Bring your technology expertise and passion for health care to one of these exciting areas:
- Application Development and Support
- Program and Project Managers
- Business Analysts and Consultants
- IT Management
- Information and Cybersecurity
- QA and Testing
- Desktop and Networking Support
- Solution Consulting and IT Architecture
- Consulting and Contracting opportunities
- ...and more!
POWERFUL WOMEN. POWERFUL TECHNOLOGY.
Here, you’ll work among some of the best and the brightest IT talent in the industry, including Lisa Caplan, our senior vice president and care delivery business information officer, one of many women at Kaiser Permanente among the National Diversity Council’s 2015 Top 50 Most Powerful Women in Technology! Read more.
BUILDING NETWORKS FROM THE INSIDE OUT
We foster internal communities that enhance skills and elevate potential for employees of all ages, genders, sexual preferences, and ethnicities — including Kaiser Permanente Women in Technology (WIT). With webinars, study groups, and more, the group helps female colleagues across the organization to discuss the latest trends in technology and leadership. The group also sponsors a number of events, including the widely successful Bring Your Child to Work Day!
TESTIMONIALS: MEET LORETTA AND SHAUNA
“Kaiser Permanente is very flexible and supportive of mothers. As a full-time working mother of two young boys, it is very helpful to work remotely. When my kids are sick, my boss is very flexible, so I can care for them until they are well. This is huge for their well-being, as well as mine.”– Loretta
Solutions Consultant - Specialist,
Kaiser Permanente IT
OneLink EDGE Applications and Analytics
“Having flexible hours and the ability to work from anywhere is very appealing. Lots of companies talk about their virtual workforce, but Kaiser Permanente IT really embraces the concept.”– Shauna
Senior Business Consultant
THE SUPPORT YOU NEED TO BE YOUR BEST
When you join our team, you’ll find that we make it a priority to empower you with opportunities to advance your career and strengthen your knowledge by:
- Educating you on technology trends
- Fostering collaboration with other members of your team
- Developing your leadership skills through quarterly webinars
- Helping you build strong internal networks
- Facilitating project management study groups, certification training, and mentoring
We also understand that there is a direct correlation between happy employees and happy members, and offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities to work remotely
- Flexible schedules
- Generous vacation, holiday, and sick leave
- Medical (including prescriptions), dental, vision, and mental health care
- Disability and life insurance coverage
- Educational opportunities and tuition reimbursement up to $3,000/year per employee
- Employee assistance programs, including crisis responses, depression management, disability management, counseling, etc.
- Flexible spending account options to include personal and dependent health care accounts, as well as commuter spending accounts
- Retirement plans
- Employee discounts for personal cell phones, dining, health and fitness, travel, computers, and retail stores, as well as Au Pair in America, Cultural Care Au Pair, and KinderCare
A look inside Kaiser Permanente
CONNECTING PEOPLE TO A HEALTHY FUTURE
At Kaiser Permanente IT, we’re always looking toward a future in which information technology enables real-time, personalized care.
A BEST PLACE TO WORK IN IT
We’ve been named to Computerworld’s Best Places to Work in IT for 6 straight years! Find out why.
INNOVATION IN BUSINESS
Hear from some of our business leaders as they discuss the power of innovation at Kaiser Permanente.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.